Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Daddy's Log - Day 9.2 - Replenishing Depleted Diapers

On the clock. After ordering carry-out at the end of a long day I have 15 minutes to go to Target, acquire newborn diapers and pick up the food.

Traffic was sparse. I arrived at Target quickly walked to the pharmacy area and remembered that the diapers would be in the baby section.  No  big deal as I have time to spare. I walk past half an aisle of Huggies worried that Target didn't carry the Pampers we've been using and I found this:



A second full aisle of diapers. Two sides, hundreds of different options.

For a split second I panicked. However, I weeded through the half dozen types of Pampers to find our type. Swadders found.  Now to find the Newborn ones.  A FREAKING EMPTY SPOT ON THE SHELF!

I see of a larger quantity of newborn sized diapers.  On sale.  Buy two get a $5 gift card.  I pull out my smart phone and do a quick calculation. It is a pretty good price so I go to grab two boxes and there is ONLY FREAKING ONE! No deal for Drew.

Defeated and in a desperate need to hit the road I quickly grab the "Giant" bulk size of diapers below and head out.  I check out. Then as I walk to the door I look down to see something I shouldn't see for another month or so... a 1 on the side of the box. I bought the wrong size in a Target shelf switch-a-roo.

Panic sets in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment