Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Capacity to Love?

If we are concentrating on the HATE that we see around us, can we possibly maintain the capacity to truly LOVE?

A life goal of mine is to LOVE to such a huge amount that when I die, the words that people use to describe me will be words that describe the love I showed. Rather than spend a huge amount of time on the subject of love I'm spending some time thinking about the adversary of love, HATE.

If you are like me you can spot hate from a mile away. You have days of your life where all you see around you is hate. When you see the people around you, those driving, walking, standing in line with you, you see the hate they are putting out.  The 'Move out of my way' look, or the 'Me first' or the 'No bother to think about anyone else' hate. It may be in the form of a waving finger in the mirror, or an angry look.

Hate is easy to spot. Far to easy.

So back to the question, if we are concentrating on the on the hate that we see around us can we possibly maintain the capacity to truly Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment